The Pizza Diet!
Did anyone watch the news last night? There was a story about a guy name Matt McClellan who attempted a 30-day pizza diet!
McClellan worked at a pizza-shop and wanted to prove that it could be a part of a healthy diet. He ate 8 slices of pizza a day which equaled 2500 calories. To make sure he got the necessary protein, fat, and carbs, he had a different topping on each slice of pizza. A typical day looked like:
9:00: Plain cheese
11:30: Two slices of chicken and meat
6:00: BBQ chicken
7:00: Veggie slice
That would be my dream diet! The results were actually pretty shocking. McCellan lowered his cholesterol by 86 points, lowered his blood pressure, and dropped 25 pounds!
I do not think this was completely because of his pizza diet. He also increased his workouts to 60 minutes a day, alternating between cardio and weight lifting. Obviously he was going to lose weight if he never worked out before the diet. The article also does not mention what or how much he was eating before the diet. Maybe he was eating only fast food. Maybe he was eating 5000 calories! Who knows? Either way, it is pretty interesting that he saw such positive results. I still do not plan on going on any crazy pizza diets in the near future! How bout you?
You can read the full story here.
Speaking of pizza, I ate at Uno Chicago Grill last night. I know you are probably sick of seeing me eat there. It’s funny that I’ve lived in Queens for over 2 years and did not go to Uno until a month or two ago. Since then, I’ve been there 4 times!
I had a good reason to go last night! I received a coupon for buy one entree, get one free!! I am a member of their Insider’s Club so I’ve been receiving all kinds of cool deals. The e-mail also said there would be a holiday party this week with free sampling and goodie bags! I told my roommate that we had to go check it out!
We got there and they sat us in a special section at the back of the restaurant for Insider Club members. We felt all special!
I started off with a giant Blue Moon!
The server immediately brought us over 2 plates of samples. Each plate had a slice of pizza and shrimp-crab fondue!
They were both delicious. The fondue was a creamy blend of shrimp, crab, and Parmesan topped with tomatoes. Yum!
I ordered a house salad which was probably not necessary because of all the samples! Oh well!
I’m sure you can guess what I got for my main course!
ROASTED VEGETABLES & FETA WRAP
A whole wheat and flaxseed tortilla filled with roasted vegetables, caramelized onions, tomato, feta, lettuce and balsamic vinaigrette.
One of these days I will try something else but the wrap is too good! I have to try their whole wheat pizza and kabocha soup too! I’m sure I will be back there soon.
I finished off with one more beer!
Our server gave us our goodie bags before we left!
I like the random apple in there! Fun dinner!
1) Have you ever tried a fad diet and did it work? (Grapefruit Diet, Atkins, Pizza Diet, etc).
2) What is your favorite chain restaurant?
1) I tried the South Beach Diet when I first started my weight loss journey before college. It did work for me; I lost 7 pounds in the first 2 weeks. It was also a drastic change from how I was eating before. It taught me to make lifestyle changes in my diet such as eating more whole grains instead of white carbs and lowering my sugar intake.
2) Uno and Outback!
Before you go, please vote for my friend Gena from Choosing Raw in the Best of Raw 2009 Awards! She was nominated for 3 categories: Best Raw Educator or 2009, Best Raw/Vegan Blog of 2009, and Best Raw Website of 2009. Thanks for your support!
- What Not To Eat! | Missy Maintains - [...] of pizza, remember my post about the The Pizza Diet? It was about a guy who ate 8 slices …
- Dorothy Williams - Dorothy Williams... [...]c Looking for a quality Des Moines Realtor for buying or selling real estate? d9[...]...
- Ask.fm kaydol - .... been very nice article. Thanks for sharing...
- skype kaydol - skype kaydol... skype kaydol...
- skype kaydol - skype kaydol skype kaydol