Still on Track? (O.N.E. Coconut Water Winners Also Announced)
Hello May! It was nice to finally see some sun this weekend! I usually start off the month with a goal check-in but I did not set any specific goals in April. I would like to follow up on my post about getting back on track and let you know how I’ve been doing with the healthy eating.
I really started to focus on eating more protein and vegetables right around when Passover started (April 18). I did not eat bread products the entire week and was actually down 5 pounds by the end of the next weekend. I felt great and really felt in control of my food choices for the first time in a while. It was definitely a challenge, especially since my roommate broke one of our biggest rules for the apartment: All cereal must be left in her bedroom. I don’t buy cereal because once I start, I end up having about four bowls of it. Jackie knows that it is a trigger food for me so she is usually great about keeping it out of the kitchen. For some reason, there was a box of crack in my food cabinet the entire weekend!
Jackie was out of town so I could not put the box in her room. I decided to leave it there as a test to see how much willpower I really had. I resisted the cereal all weekend until Sunday night at 9pm. I ended up breaking Passover a few days early and finishing off the box in two days. Okay, so maybe I am not ready to have cereal around, especially after not eating carbs for a whole week. Of course, this whole situation got me frustrated with myself and caused me to fall off track for the next couple of days. On Monday night, I finished off the only other snack she left in the cabinet which was taunting me all weekend:
I really wish Jackie was one of those roommates that would freak out every time I ate her food. She actually does not care at all but I still always buy her a new box of whatever I ate. This time, I told her to force me to buy her a new box, plus an extra food item. So far this consequence has worked, as I have not touched her new bag of Kettle Cooked chips or her two bags of chocolate chips from our chocolate covered strawberry incident!
Besides dealing with my roommate’s food at home, I’ve also been facing some challenges at work. A giant box of granola decided to arrive right smack in the middle of Passover!
I let the box sit there for a week but once I started trying all of the flavors, I could not stop! Love Grown Foods granola is on the healthier side (see below), but too much granola really adds up. The granola is:
- Free of Refined Sugar
- Free of High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Free of Trans Fats
- Free of Hydrogenated Oils
- Free of Artificial Flavors
- Free of Preservatives
- Free of Gluten
- Free of Genetically Modified Ingredients
I started adding the Sweet Cranberry Pecan to my oatmeal but it was too good to just eat one serving at a time!
The Apple Walnut Delight served as my afternoon snack almost every day last week.
Once I opened a bag of this stuff, I just kept going and going. The Cocoa Goodness is now in my coworker’s desk because I know the bag will be gone in a day once I open it! If you are looking for a delicious and healthy granola, I do recommend Love Grown Foods! Just be careful because it is super addicting!
Of course, everyone seemed to have a birthday last week at work!
I’m happy to say that I enjoyed half of a brownie and was satisfied.
More office treats that I walk by every single day….
I usually stick with the popchips and Kind Bars but it is tough to not take Milano cookies every day! While I did lose control at the end of Passover, I do feel back on track now. I got the little carb binge out of my system on Sunday and Monday and now feel like my diet is balanced out again. Yes, a no carb diet does make me lose weight super fast but, like most people, I get way too many cravings and ending up overeating later. I like bread. It is as simple as that!
I am not setting any goals again for May but I do have some excited things going on!
- I am running a 5K this Sunday! Jackie and I will both be in Philly for Mother’s Day so we decided to run the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I have absolutely no idea if I can run for 3 miles but I am going to try my best! We’ve been running together maybe once a week after work but never make it more than 2 miles. I think being in a race setting will help us to not stop and walk.
- I am starting the Organic Avenue 3-day juice cleanse on May 16! My intenSati instructor happened to read on my blog that I keep putting off starting the cleanse. She messaged me and told me that she had plans to start it on May 16 with 3 other Sati people and invited me to do it with them. Perfect! This will make it much easier for me to have a support system. No gum for 3 days….aaah!
- I have an orientation today that might lead me to teach intenSati on a regular basis. This is not definite so that is all I am saying!
Do you have any goals for the month of May?
It is time to announce the 3 winner of the O.N.E. Active Coconut Water giveaway!
69- Megan, “I love coconut oil for cooking and baking, and I’ve always wanted to try coconut milk1
14- Julie, “I love chocolate macaroons, which are made out of coconut shred then dipped in chocolate–yum!”
85- Amy Rouse, “Like ONE on FB”
Congrats to the winners! I will email you soon to get your contact information! If you did not win, stay tuned for a new coconut water giveaway coming soon!
Have a great day!
- biaruomnula - Sites we Like…... [...] Every once in a while we choose blogs that we read. Listed below are the latest sites …
- Buy Steroids - My Comment... In it is the very fact that all the modern societies are rule bound and exclusive to the meritocracy …
- Buy Steroids - My Comment... New modern societies have come into existence but have a very different form and notion of scientific advancement. These …
- the push button millionaire - My Comment... Not the best place to be. Spend some time. Find the intersection of your interests, your strengths, and identified …
- Viagra Discount - oak wood seems when it comes
- buy cialis online - *There is noticeably You need to