I decided to skip the gym at lunch today for a few reasons. The main reason was that my body is very sore today and I knew I could use the day off. I was thinking about it and I did the elliptical every single day at lunch for a half hour this week. I also did more cardio Monday night, spin on Tuesday, yoga on Wednesday, and total body conditioning class last night! So yes, it was time to relax!
It is also Friday and I never feel motivated to work out on Fridays. It’s raining out too so I decided to sit in the cafe upstairs and get some reading done!
I brought a tuna sandwich from home!
It contained Cedar’s hummus, mustard, Laughing Cow, tuna, cumbers, and lettuce on an Arnold’s Sandwich Thin.
With the last of my Cape Cod Honey Dijon chips on the side!
I know I need the relaxation sometimes but it still drove me crazy to sit there for an hour! Even with a book in front of me, I get major A.D.D. I think going to the gym at lunch breaks up my long 9 hour day and gives me energy. Oh well, back to working out tomorrow for a special new class! More on that later!
Breakfast this morning was some nice warm oatmeal since the weather is so yucky today.
Last week, I received a package containing 5 bags of kaia foods granola!
- Cocoa Bliss
- Dates & Spices
- Raisin Cinnamon
It also included some cool tattoos that I made boyfriend wear right away!
About kaia Foods:
kaia foods was founded with the belief that our health is best supported by eating whole foods as close to their natural state as possible. Our mission is to create innovative, minimally-processed alternatives to conventional food products. Our creations use ingredients barely changed from their raw form so as to preserve their complete nutritional value and intrinsic healing properties. We soak, mix, occasionally grind, and then dehydrate our food (below 115° F so the enzymes don’t break down) – that’s it! No baking, frying, bleaching, or other industrial processes that might compromise our ingredients’ ability to nourish.
About kaia foods’ Premium Raw Granola
Our premium raw granola is delicious and innovative. It is made with buckwheat, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut, flax seeds, agave nectar (well known for its low glycemic properties), plus dried fruits and seasonings. kaia foods’ Premium Raw Granola is excellent straight out of the bag, or enjoyed with fresh fruit, milk, yogurt, raw nut milk, soymilk, and soygurt, too. Yum!
The benefits of kaia foods’ raw granola are too great to enumerate entirely, but here’s a short list. kaia foods raw granola is:
- incredibly tasty!
- ‘au naturel’ or ‘raw.’
- high in fiber. you’ll be as regular as a German train. no, in fact, more so.
- a complete protein.
- jam-packed with many nutrients such as omega-3’s, potassium, iron, magnesium, manganese, copper, B vitamins, essential fatty acids, and antioxidants.
- made with low-glycemic ingredients.
I was very excited to try this granola after seeing all of the amazing health benefits it provides! The first kind I tried was the Cocoa Bliss!
Too good to be true. Antioxidant-rich cocoa is highlighted by a subtle blend of flavors and kissed by low-glycemic agave nectar. It’s dreamy with fresh berries.
I loved the huge chunks of granola in the bag! The granola had a rich cocoa flavor that was crunchy and delicious. There were pumpkin seeds visible in every bite too! Yum! I love the healthy ingredients:
The nutrition facts for all 3 flavors of the granola is pretty similar so I will post the Cocoa Bliss’ to show you!
Sorry for the poor quality picture. 1/2 cup is 230 calories, 11 grams of fat, 33 grams of carbs, 8 grams of fiber, and 7 grams of protein. Not bad when you consider the high quality ingredients the granola is made with!
The next kind I tried was the Dates & Spices!
I really enjoyed this flavor as well! It had huge chunks of dates and walnuts. It tasted like chai tea a little bit! I am going to try it with peaches next time just like the website recommends!
The final flavor I tried was Raisin Cinnamon!
A tried and true combination of antioxidant-rich raisins and blood sugar-friendly cinnamon, plus hints of exotic spices and flavors. It’s scrumptious with sliced bananas
This was probably my favorite of the 3! I tend to love all cinnamon raisin flavored foods but this was extra wonderful! It had the perfect amount of raisins, granola, and walnuts with a nice hint of cinnamon.
I mixed all 3 flavors of granola in my oatmeal this morning to give it a fabulous new flavor and crunch!
I will call this bowl, “Super foods Oats.”
The kaia foods website lists all of their ingredients and the benefits. I thought I’d share them with you because I’m sure you all know that the foods below are healthy but may not know exactly why!
- Buckwheat is a complete protein, is gluten free, has a low insulin response, is high in fiber, and is rich in the flavonoid rutin which promotes heart health!
- Heart-healthy walnuts contain omega-3’s and monounsaturated fats. They also contain manganese, copper, protein, and fiber, to boot!
- Sunflower seeds are packed with vitamins E and B1. Plus they contain healthy polyunsaturated fats, protein, and fiber.
- Flax seeds contain heart-friendly omega-3s and lignans, which may benefit the heart and have anti-cancer properties!
- Pumpkin seeds are a good source of iron, zinc, essential fatty acids, potassium, and magnesium. They may also promote prostate health!
- Coconut is a scrumptious package of fiber, iron, phosphorous and zinc!
- Raisins contain iron and too many antioxidants to count!
- Deliciously sweet and fiber-rich, dates will keep you regular! Toot, toot!
- Cocoa is high in flavonoids, which may have beneficial effects on your cardiovascular system!
- Agave nectar is a whole food sweetener that has such a low glycemic index that it is safe for diabetics!
Where to Buy?
kaia foods Buckwheat Crunchies Premium Raw Granola is currently available online click here to shop and in retail locations throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond.
ALWAYS INFINITY GIFT BAG WINNER!
The first winner of the gift bag did not claim her prize. That means that I will be choosing a new winner now!!
The winner will receive:
-Always Infinity Pads
-Total body exercise bands
-Dark chocolate treat by Godiva
-Gourmet cinnamon almonds all packaged in an Envirosax reusable tote.
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:21
Timestamp: 2009-05-01 18:52:33 UTC
The winner is…..
SwirlyCinnacakes from Catching Bananas!
Congrats! Please e-mail me your address so I can ship out your prize!
Hope everyone has a nice weekend! Before you go, please enter my Kay’s Natural Giveaway!