Coconut Peanut Butter Winner and Outback Dinner!
27 August, 2010|Posted in: Restaurant Review
Happy Friday! Thank you so much for your amazing comments yesterday. I was pretty nervous to hit publish but it felt great to put it all out there. I will try to do that more often from now on! Today I am going to announce the winner of the Tropical Traditions Coconut Peanut Butter! I also need to talk about my (awful) experience at Outback a few nights ago! First…the winner!
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2010-08-27 13:56:26 UTC
85- Lynn from The Actor’s Diet!
Congrats Lynn! Please email me your address and phone number so we can ship out your jar!
A few nights ago I decided to go to Outback for dinner. I was really craving their bread and butter! The last time I went there (December of 2009) it was a disaster but my friend and I decided to give it another chance! I started off with their house margarita since it was only $4.95! It also happened to be one of the lower calorie cocktails on the menu. Can’t beat that.
The drinks took pretty long to come out but maybe I was just very thirsty for some tequila. The server took our order and 10 minutes later we still had no bread. I was dreaming about the bread all day so 10 minutes seemed more like a decade to me. We finally found him and had to practically beg for a loaf. What happened to the old days when they would bring out a warm loaf as soon as you sat down?
The bread and butter was wonderful. I probably ate a whole loaf by the end of the meal but that’s okay because it practically ended up being my dinner. I’ll explain later.
I ordered a house salad to start with Tangy Tomato dressing on the side. My salad came out covered in dressing.
I don’t like to be picky but I really don’t enjoy salad when it is drenched in dressing. I sent it back and got a new one with the dressing on the side.
Our food took forever to come out. I downed my margarita and decided it was not as strong as I would have liked. I went with a giant Blue Moon next.
About 20 minutes later, the food finally arrives. I rarely eat steak but I was at Outback so I felt as though it was necessary. I ordered the Filet with Wild Mushroom Sauce:
Sliced filet topped with our rich Marsala and wild mushroom sauce served with garlic mashed potatoes and fresh seasonal veggies.
I asked for all vegetables instead of mashed potatoes. They have a new option on the menu where you can ask for the lighter version of certain dishes. I asked for this version and the server had no idea what I was talking about. I pointed to it and he told me the steak would be roasted. I was confused but just agreed. My vegetables came out covered in butter. I really don’t think he brought me a lighter version. I was also expecting a nice, firm piece of filet mignon. I thought it was a little weird when the server did not ask how I wanted my steak cooked.
The pretty piece of filet mignon I was expecting turned out to be chunks of fat. I sliced my knife into a chunk and it was rubbery and fatty.
I decided to send it back. I was already really full from the bread, salad, margarita, and giant beer. I did not need anything else; especially something that grossed me out. The server took it back and asked if I wanted chicken instead. Um no. He brought us the bill and my steak was still on there. I did not even make a dent in it. I was not about to pay for food I was not happy with. We sat there for about 10 minutes waiting for the server to return. I think he noticed that we put no money on the table because I saw him chatting with a manager. Next thing you know he brings us a new check without the steak. Why did he not do that in the first place? Oh well, at least my bread was good. I don’t think I will be going back there for a while!
1) What are your thoughts on Outback? What do you order from there?
2) Do you send back food you don’t like or just deal with it?
Hope everyone has a great weekend! I am going on another hike on Sunday! It is supposed to be 90 degrees and sunny! Yay!
- Just the Snacks, Ma’am « - [...] this Coconut Peanut Butter I won in a giveaway for [...]
- website designers chennai - ...Click here for or more Information... [...]you make blogging glance[...]...
- website designers chennai - ...Take a look for more Information on that topic... [...]I am now not sure where you are getting your info, however …
- website designers in chennai - ...For further Information click here... [...]I am not positive the place you're getting your information, but great topic.[...]...
- website designers chennai - ...A Friend recommended your blog... [...]Wow, awesome blog format! How long have you been blogging for?[...]...
- website designer chennai - Look there for more:... [...]Excellent blog here! Also your site so much up fast![...]...
- website designers chennai - ...For further Information click here... [...] What host are you the use of? Can I am getting your associate link on …
- website designer chennai - ...[Trackback]... [...]Great weblog right here! Additionally your website loads up very fast![...]...
- website designers chennai - ...Recent Blogroll Additions [...]The full look of your web site is magnificent, let well as the content material![...]
- skype kaydol - skype kaydol skype kaydol
- website designers in chennai - ...Check this out [...]you made running a blog glance[...]
- website designers in chennai - ...Check this out [...]Wow, superb weblog structure! How lengthy have you ever been running a blog for?[...]
- web designing company in chennai - ...Websites you should visit [...]The total glance of your site is great, let smartly as the content![...]
- web designing company in chennai - ...Websites you should visit [...]I am now not sure where you are getting your info, however good topic.[...]